Friday, February 23, 2007

Today is my Etsy-versary

Today is my one year etsy-versary. I can't even remember life without Etsy. Thank you to Kristin for telling me about it.

I feel like I've learned so much about promotion, and about selling online, from reading the forums all these months. I love having another place to sell things, and being able to stay connected in these winter months. I've been able to stay motivated and working steadily this winter like never before, thanks to the steady if small stream of orders. And I love love love all the kind and friendly customers I've had the pleasure of emailing back and forth with. And the other sellers, too, of course.

I love looking at everyone's art every day, and the beautiful treasuries and front pages. It's so inspiring. Etsy gives me a constant, dynamic connection to community and art in a way I've never experienced before, and it is good.

2 comments:

iSew.biz said...

Congratulations. I can't imagine my life without Etsy either and I've only been selling since December! lol I feel like it's a great learning experience and source of inspiration, even if I don't make a lot of sales. It's nice to be part of a community.

G

niccolina said...

Congratulations! I'm blog surfing, so I can't even tell you how I made it over here, but I'm new on Etsy and quickly addicted, lol. It's nice to find the experienced Etsy-ians, because I have so much to learn! In fact, I welcome any suggestion you might have for my shop - there is a link in my blog - if you have the time. Thanks in advance, and ps, cutie little boy!!
Niccolina