Monday, May 07, 2007

Riding the "Real" Thomas the Tank Engine

I can't believe I still haven't blogged about riding on Thomas the Tank Engine at Greenfield Village yet! Now that it's May and I'm setting up at the Farmer's Market three days a week, I am just...busy. So, here are some pictures, at least. We had a great time.

The Real Thomas!

I don't know if it was more fun riding Thomas or watching him go by later on. Here's me and Jack during the ride...yes, it rained...

me and Jack riding on Thomas the Tank Engine

There was a crazy line to get your picture taken with Thomas, during the few minutes while people were getting off and boarding. I took one look at that sad line of people being told "That's it folks, Thomas will be back in 23 minutes!", and decided we could just line Jack up and take our own picture of Jack and Thomas together.

Jack and Thomas

And of course, between my mom and me, we loaded up on the Thomas loot, which was really reasonably priced, to our surprise. If you think we got a lot of stuff, you should see all the stuff we didn't get!

our "Thomas" loot

That little blue thing is from the "injection-molded-plastic-souvenir-while-you-wait machine". That ate some of our money, grrr.

Then we spent the day walking around Greenfield Village. Jack especially liked the English barn from the 1600s...we spent a lot of time in there pretending we were bears in our cave.

It was a great day, and I hope we get to go back again next year. :)

5 comments:

tigergirl said...

Oh dang! I was going to tag you but you've already been tagged twice! Better find someone else.

My nephew would be so jealous of your day with Thomas the tank engine!

suchprettycolors said...

:) good luck finding taggees! i'll come check out your list. :)

msbelle said...

I was hoping you'd blog about it. I saw the pictures on Flickr and was waiting to see if you liked it. I hope to take Kevin this fall when Thomas comes our way! It looks like you had a terrific time!

suchprettycolors said...

yes, you should go, it's fun!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

What fun!! Your little Jack is so cute, and he looks very happy to have had his train ride!
Smiles, Karen