Thursday, July 05, 2007

Well, I'm going on vacation

and I've been feeling really sad about taking my Etsy shop down for a week. Then last night it dawned on me that I can just take it with me. Because I recently had my phone web-enabled. I can't log in to Etsy on it, but I can check the number of items in my shop. If I sell something, I can head over to the internet cafe with my laptop and get the address. I can pack all of my pendants and mailing supplies into a small bag, I think.

Yay!

I will have to take the patchwork down. But I can live with that.

I'm addicted to Etsy. It's like my coffee. You still drink coffee on vacation, right?

7 comments:

bellacolle said...

Hope you have a safe and fun vacation! show us some pictures when you come back!:)

Jenn Maruska said...

You're so lucky that your shop is portable - sounds like a great plan : )

The last vacation I took we were without internet access at all... that was rough. When I'm home it feels like I'm always logged on.

Have a wonderful trip!

Steph said...

Have a great vacation!

I don't know what I am going to do when we are gone for 10 days! I do know that my husband would have a fit if I tried to bring Etsy with me.

I am glad you found a good vacation solution.

Autumn Daisy Studio said...

Hope you're having a great vacation!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Have a great vacation! I know what you mean--seems like I NEED to check the comp at least 3 or 4 times a day! Can you say obsessed?!! lol
Smiles, Karen

subu said...

for the next time this happens, since i am assuming you are already gone...

why don't you just put a note in the email that gets sent to buyers when they make a purchase saying that you are on vacation and will send everything out when you return on whatever date it is. you can also put a notice in the shop start page. that way you don't have to pack up shop or take it with you every time!

that's what i do when i go on vaca.

tigergirl said...

Have a great vacation - to get you back into the swing of things when you're back, you're tagged! Check here -> http://tigergirletsy.blogspot.com/2007/07/7-things-you-didnt-know-about-me.html